As a result of the developments in the course of the outbreak, the following measures will be implemented as of Thursday, 1 July 2021, within the scope of the third stage of the gradual normalization process.
1. LOCKDOWN and INTERCITY TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
The current lockdown restrictions imposed (including weekdays and weekends) within the framework of the principles specified in our circular dated 01.06.2021 and numbered 8878 will continue until 05:00 on Thursday, 1 July 2021.
As of 05:00 on Thursday, 1 July 2021, the lockdown and, intercity travel restrictions imposed accordingly, regardless of weekdays and weekends will end, lockdown and intercity travel restrictions will not be imposed from the specified date.
2. ACTIVITIES OF WORKPLACES
In all business lines and fields of activity, provided that all the measures and principles determined for their own business line/field of activity in the Ministry of Health Outbreak Management and Working Guide, as well as cleaning, mask and distance rules, which are the basic principles of combating the outbreak, are followed;
2.1- All workplaces that are currently suspended will be able to operate again as of Thursday, 1 July 2021.
2.2- Movie theaters, whose activities have been suspended in line with the demand of the industry, will operate as of Thursday, 1 July 2021.
2.3- As of Thursday, 1 July 2021, restrictions on the number of people who can be at the same table at the same time in open or closed areas of eating and drinking places will not be imposed, provided that the distance rules between the tables and/or chairs specified in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide are followed.
2.4- In workplaces such as coffee shops and coffee houses where the games played such as cards, tiles etc., the current restrictions on the playing of aforementioned games will be terminated as of Thursday, 1 July 2021, and the games will be allowed to be played.
2.5- All workplaces as of Thursday, 1 July 2021, when the lockdown restrictions will end; will be able to operate within the framework of the opening-closing hours determined by the relevant administration according to the subject of activity in their licenses.
2.6- Music broadcasts (also including live performances) which currently ends at 22:00 in accommodation facilities, and at 21:00 in other places, can be made until 24:00 from 1 July 2021 until a new decision is taken.
2.7- The additional restrictions imposed by our relevant circulars on places such as parks, gardens, campsites, picnic/recreation areas will be lifted as of Thursday, 1 July 2021, provided that the rules and principles determined in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide are followed.
2.8- Due to the fact that it poses a very serious risk of the spread of the outbreak, the activities of workplaces whose subject of activity is hookah lounge / cafe will continue to be suspended until a new decision is taken, no hookah service will be provided in any workplace, including accommodation facilities.
3. MEETINGS/EVENTS AND MARRIAGE/ WEDDINGS
Provided that the rules and principles determined for each event/activity in the Ministry of Health's Outbreak Management and Working Guide and the rules of cleaning, mask and distance are followed;
3.1- Implementation about allocating a minimum of 4 m² in open areas and 6 m² in closed areas, per person, for all activities of NGOs, trade unions, professional organizations with public institution status, cooperatives and unions, with wide participation, including the general assembly and all kinds of meetings, demonstrations or marches, will continue in the same way.
3.2- In Marriage and Wedding ceremonies;
- Food/drinks can be offered.
- Music broadcast, including live music performance, will be possible until 24.00.
- In line with the provision in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide, "There should be no folk dances, dances, halay or shows during the wedding where social distance cannot be maintained", until a new recommendation is made by the Ministry of Health, folk dances, dances, halay or shows can only be performed in marriage and weddings in a way that does not violate the physical distance rule.
- There will be no participant restriction in marriage/wedding ceremonies (except for the condition that there is a minimum of 6 m² per person, which is currently applied for closed places).
- Village weddings will be allowed as of Thursday, 1 July 2021, and whether street weddings (in provinces, districts and towns) will be allowed as of the specified date will be decided by the Provincial/District Health Committees.
- Events such as circumcision, engagement and henna will be allowed after 1 July 2021, as previously announced.
3.3- Activities such as concerts, festivals, youth camps will be allowed, provided that there is a minimum of 4 m² in open areas and 6 m² in closed areas, per person, and the rules and principles specified in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide and the principles of cleaning, mask and distance are followed.
4. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION MEASURES
Provided that the rules and principles determined in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide regarding public transportation and the rules of cleaning, mask and distance are followed;
4.1- As of Thursday, 1 July 2021, passenger/seat capacity limitations in all urban and/or intercity public transportation vehicles will be terminated.
4.2- Restrictions on the use of public transportation vehicles by our citizens aged 65 and over and young people/children under the age of 18 will be lifted as of Thursday, 1 July 2021.
5. MEASURES REGARDING ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES
5.1- Provided that all the rules and principles in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide and the rules of cleaning, mask and distance are followed; the implementation of the restrictions and measures imposed by our relevant circulars regarding accommodation facilities will be terminated.
5.2- In the entertainment and activities to be held in the open or closed areas of the accommodation facilities, it will be ensured that the physical distance rule as well as other procedures and principles according to the subject of activity in the Outbreak Management and Working Guide are followed.
5.3- All kinds of measures will be taken by the business managers in order to prevent concentration in the areas (restaurants, clubs, etc.) within the accommodation facilities and to implement the physical distance rules.
6. WORKING IN PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
6.1- Working hours currently applied, which is between 10.00 - 16.00 for public institutions and organizations will be terminated and after Thursday, 1 July 2021, normal working hours will be valid as its basic procedures and principles will be designated on Circular of Presidency. For public institutions and organizations, the starting and ending times of daily work and the lunch rest period will be determined by the governors according to the characteristics of the regions and the service.
7. MEASURES TO BE TAKEN AT THE BORDER GATES
7.1- Changes below regarding the measures to be taken while entering into our country at the border gates will be implemented due to the regulations introduced with our circular numbered 8832 and dated 31.05.2021;
- Quarantine obligation for those, who come from Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka and the ones who were in these countries within the last 14 days, will be terminated and it will be deemed sufficient for these persons to submit PCR test report done at least 72 hours before arrival to our country and resulted negative.
- Period of quarantine obligation for those, who come from Afghanistan and Pakistan and the ones who were in these countries within the last 14 days, will be reduced to 10 days and if the result of PCR test, which is done on the 7th day of quarantine is negative, then the quarantine will be terminated. If the result of PCR test is positive, COVID-19 guide of Ministry of Health will be pursued.
- Persons who come to our country and are subject to obligatory quarantine may be quarantined at the dormitories designated by Governorates or at the accommodation facilities which provide service as quarantine hotels. Procedures and principles regarding the quarantine hotels, accommodation fees, transfers of these persons from border gates etc. shall be designated and announced by the Governorates.
7.2- For our citizens, who cannot provide PCR test report done at least 72 hours before the arrival and resulted negative at the border gates, PCR test and rapid antigen test will be done and they will be allowed to go to their residences. If the test is resulted positive they will be isolated at their residences.
8. GENERAL PRINCIPLES
8.1- Informing activities on reminding the relevant workplace authorities and employees of measures, procedures and principles, designated separately for each line of business/field of activity in the Ministry of Health Outbreak Management and Working Guide, will be focused on by Governorships and District Governorates.
8.2- Intensive inspections, in which law enforcers will participate to the utmost (reinforced by personnel/officers of other institutions and organizations), will be conducted in the forthcoming period with the coordination of our Governors and District Governors within the context of measures, procedures and principles designated both in the Ministry of Health Outbreak Management and Working Guide and in related Circulars of our Ministry.
8.3- A guiding approach shall be shown towards business owners/employees and our citizens, kindly inviting them to follow the rules/be responsible during every kind of inspection activities that will be conducted, in case of misusing attitude and behaviours such as insistence or repetition of non-compliance, material breach of rules, administrative/procedural action shall be taken.